Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow! 2009.....At our house, we're kind of glad to see it. Last year was a challenge at times. Let's reminisce, shall we? I started the year off laid up with a broken ankle. All is well now, but I have a pin, a plate and 6 screws left as an achy reminder on cold and rainy days, not to mention the 15 pounds I gained eating all the yummy food that my sweet friends brought! Then there was job change. Never a fun thing, especially when you aren't expecting it. We made it through and saw God at work in our lives. He has never failed us.

Enough of that! There were many wonderful memories in 2008! We took a trip to Disney World in March. It was Wil's first trip and we all had a blast. We are looking forward to our next opportunity to return. Avery continued her acting "career" as a cricket in Jonesboro High School's production of "Children of Eden" and as part of the elephant troop in Visual and Performing Arts' production of Disney's "Jungle Book Kids." She loves art and drama. VPA seems like a school that was made for her. I loved the day when she said, "I want to go to VPA every year, but they only have 2 things there that don't really go with the arts.....P.E. and math!" Yes, that's my daughter! We talked about how P.E. helps actors and dancers stay in shape and how math helps artists know how much to charge for their artwork and that made it okay.

Wil has had a great school year! Mrs. Christi and Mr. Brandon are the best! He has improved in so many areas where he once struggled. He is a local celebrity now! Well, at least to us. He had his picture in the Jonesboro Sun, building a spaceship in his classroom and he was on the 6 o'clock news as part of Pre-K's Community Helpers Parade. We also found out that he loves music. He has been taking Kindermusik and would love to learn to play the guitar. He is the funniest kid I think I've ever seen. I am trying my best to write down all the funny things he says. He is counting the days until he can learn to fly and be an astronaut!

With the new year, I have been thinking about resolutions. Of course, there's the all present lose weight and get in shape thing. I think what I would most like to do is pray more, worry less, smile more, and be a good example to my children of what it is to be a Christian wife and mother.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound like an eventful year! I think the magnet schools are such a blessing! I hope 2009 is a great year for you guys!

    ReplyDelete