These days I never know what I will be doing. I have time to record my thankfulness today, so here goes:
1. I am thankful for the new bunk beds for the kids. They love them!
2. I am thankful that the new bunk beds are forcing me to clean and rearrange the upstairs. It needed to be done.
3. I am thankful the plumber was able to come today and fix the sink. Note to all reading this: Drano can eat through pipes!
4. I am thankful we are eating out tonight, because there are no clean dishes. (See #3)
5. I am thankful for Clorox wipes. They really are my cleaning tool of choice!
6. I am thankful Avery is old enough to help around the house and she normally does it with little complaining.
7. I am thankful for the wonderful school year both children have had. We have been truly blessed.
8. I am thankful for the school year I have had (for the most part!) and for getting to co-teach with my sweet friend, Ronda, for two years. I am so happy she is getting to be our counselor next year!
9. I am thankful for the chance to go to church tonight.
10. This is a given, I am SO THANKFUL that we have only 2 days of school left!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Wil graduated from Pre-K yesterday! What an event! It took place in the cafeteria at the Kindergarten Center with 100 graduates. They marched in, through the crowd, to "Pomp and Circumstance" and Wil waved the whole way. Once on the stage, he did very well. He appeared to be a little sleepy. He would sing for a while, then yawn for a while. After a few songs, we went back to the classroom where Mrs. Christi handed out certificates and we enjoyed cookies. It has been a wonderful year. We are so happy with our decision to keep him in Pre-K another year, it has made a huge difference and I know he is excited for next year.
Monday, May 11, 2009
For Mother's Day, Blake and the kids took me to St. Louis to visit Six Flags and one of our favorite hotels. We had a great time! Some of MY favorites from the trip were stopping at Dairy Queen on the way down Friday night for dinner and ice cream, riding Avery's favorite ride (the Colossus, a giant ferris wheel) , eating funnel cake, and Wil seeing his favorite character, Hawk Girl. Wil thought she would remember him from our last trip and he went up and said, "It's me, Wil Barnett, do you remember me?"!!! It was precious! We had a great weekend with great weather. It couldn't have been more perfect (unless you could remove the horrible allergy attack I had on Saturday!).