Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School????

Ah, Arkansas weather....gotta love it. Wasn't it just a few days ago that we were able to be out without a coat? I do prefer it to be cold during winter, and this 70 degrees one day and freezing rain two days later is killing me!

We made it pretty well this morning. As predicted, I woke up to look at the clock starting at 2:30 and finally got up at 5:20. I held to my decision to exercise and did that by constantly moving while I watched an episode of "Wings". I am SO glad that there is a sitcom on at 5:30 in the morning! Everyone awoke with minor grumbling and, thanks to advanced planning, got dressed with no tears! Wil and I were out of the house by 7:05 (I have duty on Mondays this semester).

The morning went so well. I have new students this semester and enjoyed getting to know them. I asked each one to write a paragraph or two about goals that they have set for themselves either for this semester or for life in general. Some of them have some very interesting plans! I didn't even know it was raining when I heard that some schools were dismissing at 11:30! What a shock! We stuck it out until 1:30. I am guessing and hoping that we did this to avoid having to make up the day. Of course, this being my duty day, I had to stay until nearly 2:00 waiting for people to be picked up . Friends....if school is dismissed early, have someone pick up your kids and DO NOT allow them to stand on the steps of the school talking to friends while you wait in the car and teachers are turning blue and feeling guilty that their children are the last ones left at their own schools. Sorry for the rant, I know you are all responsible adults and don't need my reminders, but my feet are still frozen! We are all home now, wondering what tomorrow will bring. If schools are closed, do we sleep in or get up to stay with our routine? Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. I have Monday duty too! My kids were the last ones to be pick up too! I just made a pot of coffee and have my pj's on! Love getting out of school early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know teachers like snow days, but I am ready for my little ones to go to Mothers Day Out.  I am sure you remember those days....please no ice, please no ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Monday Duty would be enough for me to want to change professions! Tuesday - Friday, ok, but Monday's ... :(

    ReplyDelete