Monday, March 30, 2009

Needles and Thread




For several years now, Avery has said that her ambition is to be a fashion designer. During Spring Break, we finally got a chance to have our first sewing lesson. I will post pictures later, but she did a great job! She started by cutting out the pattern and fabric to make a pair of pants. She cuts straighter than I do! We then learned to load a bobbin and thread the needle. She did most of the sewing on her pants. I only helped with the "curvy parts". When all was done, she said that she, "mostly loved sewing although she was afraid at first that she was going to stick herself with a needle, but she didn't." Maybe we will all be wearing her creations one day! She tells me that if she is a designer, all her clothes will be stretchy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so COOL Avery! Emma is "busting at the seams" to learn to sew but I am afraid to teach her! I'm trying to convince Edie at the Fabric Store to let her in her class. She wants them to be nine but I think Emma could do it. I may send her to you to teach!

    I also like the stretchy clothes option! Trendy and comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete