Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heard at school

My children love the rare days when they get to come back to Annie Camp with me after school and play while I do work. Yesterday was one of those days. Avery loves to "play school" while we are there. That means Wil is her pupil. I sat down at my computer and she gathered books and got the board ready for school. She had Wil pick a seat and then started reading "Pink and Say" to him. She read a page or two and then asked, "Class, what does marauders mean?" Wil, answered, "Uh, I think it is a fancy word for head..." Of course, this was not correct and she told him in that sweet way that only a sister can, "Uh, NO!" Wil looked at me and said, "This school is NOT fun!" He then "dropped out" of school and proceeded to make a rocket out of my eraser and tops to Magic Markers.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! THis is exactly what I used to do every day after school! My mom taught and we would go to her room when school was out. I would "teach" school every day and make my brothers be my students. They, of course, could care less and pretty much did their own thing! Maybe Avery will be a teacher when she grows up! I did! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete