Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yes, We Celebrate Christmas

Had to share another "Wil Story"...

Yesterday, I picked him up at Kindergarten and was met by one of the teacher's aides with a grim look on her face. "I need to ask you something", she said. "Is Wil allowed to watch Christmas movies?" I laughed and told her that we watch them nightly this time of year. Well, Wil had told them at indoor recess that he was not allowed to watch the Christmas movie they were showing! When we got to the car, I asked him why he said that he wasn't allowed to watch Christmas movies and this was his response...

"Well, that isn't exactly what I said. That movie was boring and I wanted to work on my roller coaster drawing, so I told her we didn't celebrate Christmas!"

My mouth hit the floor and I informed him that both Santa and God heard him say that! His reasoning turned out to be sound (in his eyes). Another little boy had told the teacher that and he got to do what he wanted. Granted, that little boy's family really might not have celebrated Christmas.... Never a dull moment with Wil!

No comments:

Post a Comment